Monday, March 1, 2010

Humbly waiting for my calling

Have you ever felt a serious emptiness or longing that would pervade your every step? I have, and there were many of occasions in which, any sense of purpose would be so far off from allowing me to conceive of it that I would become distraught from pursuing the things that I wanted to achieve. This period of being stuck and wondering what is to come, and why I have been placed in this time and not in any other, would be constantly nagging in my head to the point that the only way for escape would come by shunning my very existence from the world. Oh how I longed for the wisdom that I have now, to have then when I so desperate for an answer and understanding. If I would have only known, that this feeling of emptiness was purposely derived to help motivate me to get out and start mobilizing myself to fulfill all that I have been promised.
This feeling of emptiness is not meant in the same sense as for being without, but more on the lines of being depleted of the satisfaction that would come if I only began my journey to find my purpose. See, there is and always will be a time for waiting and struggles with not only the physicality’s of this world, but also the cognitive aspects as well. These events are purposeful and hold merit, due to being that one’s struggle is the preparation for what is to come. The longing to do more and the time that an individual finds himself to be full of emptiness is the key indicator that mobilization needs to commence. Usually, I would find myself so distraught from not knowing what I should pursue in life that I would be overwhelmed with discouragement. It has always been right in front of me and yet I just needed to grasp it and not be afraid of not knowing what I was grasping for. Sometimes as we go through the maturation process, we must never be fearful of trying and not succeeding. Through the very attempt at trying something is all that we need to find what we are really looking for. I recently came into contact with a person, whom I thought I would never get advice from, but I’m glad I did. As I conversed with this gentlemen, I began to share my thoughts and desires and right there and then I was abruptly cut off and told by this man to “stop talking about it and start doing it, if it is of God then it will surely be blessed and if it happens to be not in God’s will for yourself, then you will learn something from the experience of trying for it”. I was deeply shocked and relieved at the same time to hear such words that would confound my mind to start taking action. Everything will fall into to place if we only ceased to keep up our guards and begin to open the door to let our purpose find us.
To say that I truly know my purpose in life, may be to bold of a statement, but I do believe I’ve found the direction that I need to be heading in. For there will always be those days that I will come into words of wisdom and enlightenment that will help bring clarity to what I need to be doing with my life, and through occurrences as these, I can perhaps influence others towards their goals, just by following my very own. I often tell my peers and those whom I mentor that, there will always be someone watching how one carries himself and how their demeanor evokes who that individual truly is. I tell them this not to promote consciences on what is right and wrong about one’s actions, but to enlighten them on the influence that they possess, and how there may be someone out there who looks towards them to emulate the person of influence demeanor in their very own life. If at all one is to take anything from this message, I hope that one becomes encouraged and not dismayed with frustration on not knowing their purpose, as well as to live their life with humility and seek out knowledge from all facets of life so they may possess the qualities to influence others in finding their true calling.

Emmanuel “God is with us”

No comments:

Post a Comment